Medusa Painting

 Hiii,

 Well, I think I have a touch of burn out, or ennui, or seasonal depression, or SOMETHING, because I just have so little motivation lately. I realize this is not exciting news to read, so I will move on to some art...but if you notice some slack in the routines, it's just me wallowing slowly through the goo of life.  Not to be confused with me vigorously sloshing through the goo of life. 

Not a LOT of new art, but a MEDUSA PAINTING! Yaaaay!  


"Medusa Pose" is a small original painting, measuring 5" x 7" , acrylic on canvas panel.  She does not come framed, but is easily popped into any 5" x 7" frame you have kicking around... There is also a wire hanger affixed to the back, so you could just put her up right on the wall sans frame.

She is currently up for auction on eBay HERE- feel free to check out the listing for some more pictures.

Oh, what else...Ah! I remember I mentioned that I was waiting on some To the Nines print proofs, to see which direction I want to go for ACEO prints...WELL. They showed up super late, which is not a big deal at all as I am not really on a deadline.  It is kind of abnormal for the print place to be so late, but things are backed up all over the place and like I said, I hardly noticed. 

But then I got a delivery confirmation (two, actually, one from the print company, and one from the post office) with NO DELIVERY!! Okay, well...irritating but still not a problem for the moment. I figured it was just mail issues and I'd wait until Tuesday to see if anything shows up. Monday was a holiday.

Tuesday afternoon, it is there! Oh, wait, something is wrong...oh, the entire envelope is SOAKING WET, sopping, all the way through.  Like, WHAT HAPPENED?  UGHHH! So...the proofs are unusable even for proofing. I suppose this brings me to the point that I have pretty much decided to just print them from home, where I have full control over stock and whether or not I want to throw them into a puddle or two before I send them to my customers.

POo.

I do have a few new ACEO originals that I will put up on eBay this weekend, and even though there is nothing concrete on "fancy paper" for the next To the Nines illustration, I do have a few things sketched out. Mostly, I have been painting, as I needed to make a mess and spend a little longer on creating one thing. I love the ACEOs, but sometimes I sketch a bunch and then have a hard time focusing on finishing one at a time. 

Anyhoo, hugs for all!

xo

Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ramble and Sunday auction sneak peek

Work in Progress ACEOs!

NEW DOLL! Plus sneak peek, ramble, and some printed goods