Work in progress of To the Nines- Kitchen

A new "To the Nines" ACEO piece is here- well, almost! I do have a bunch of progress photos to share. Got up extra early this morning to get the black ink down, then some shading in grey, then colors...

This was the final thumbnail I decided on- got very caught up in kitchen layout and whatnot, spent three days sketching and we have this:



So, the hardest part is over, now we move on to getting it sized properly on "fancy" paper:



Then my favorite part- pen!



Decided to mess with watercolors for this piece...not exactly my forté, but I wanted to do a sepia wash, and didnt want to hurt my precious markers by using them in top of pigments...



Some more color:



Once I am satisfied with the layers of watercolor, I will go back over certain lines with pen, and add details in colored pencil and acrylic paint. 

I thought maybe I could get it finished today, but I had to stop for food and then I got distracted in the kitchen and decided I must also make some cookies. But hopefully I will have it complete and ready to be listed on Sunday (please check back then!)

Thank you for reading, please take some hugs!
Xo
Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ramble and Sunday auction sneak peek

Work in Progress ACEOs!

NEW DOLL! Plus sneak peek, ramble, and some printed goods