November Featured Art, project sneak peek, and a ramble

 Hi!
Well, I realize now I lost track of my posting days, and only managed ONE blog post last month. 

This is unacceptable to me.

A long, long time ago, I posted a blog nearly every day.  But I am older and slower now (neither of which is a bad thing) and I have taken to working on only one or two projects at a time, instead of 3-5. So, there is a lot more downtime in between completed arts. Thus, less stuff for me to post about.

I guess it also comes down to the amount of attention I have been giving to home projects over the "pandemic months".  Sewed some cat beds, winter curtains, and a bunch of masks.  I have been doing some laundry by hand, as I have limited quarters to use in the laundry room. So all small items get washed in the sink, and air dried in the kitchen.  Lots of baking now that the weather has turned cold. Winterizing windows with plastic and then big, thick curtains that I sewed from fleece blankets.  And of course the dishes and cleaning (the more time I spend at home, the more messes I make!)  

I am also working the day job very part time- for those of you who do not know, I am a cook in a pizza restaurant.  We have managed to survive thus far, with extreme limiting on menus, scheduling, inventory, available customer seating, little to no movie theater...As far as jobs go, kitchen work is notoriously high paced.  This is...not...that.  It has been an adjustment- I no longer get a decent amount of exercise simply by going to work and putting in a full day.  I no longer get free meals most of the week.  I miss my coworkers- at this point, I only see 3 or 4 of them twice a week.  I miss the bar regulars, I miss the second shift weekend waitstaff coming in at 3:45pm on Saturdays and being loud AF and annoyingly stupid.  I miss getting a full paycheck.  

I hope it does not seem as though I am complaining- I know that I am extremely fortunate to have this job.  My bosses have always been wonderful, now more so than ever.  I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of stress and worry that they are under.  I do what I can for them, I wish I could do more, I wish they would LET me do more lol!  I just try to be my old dependable self, always ready to work, trying to stay patient and fairly emotionally stable so I can be an ear, a shoulder, a vent, whatever. I know we are all in this same boat. I can't fix any of this, but I can try to be the best version of myself.  Some days that version is better than others.

Okay, enough emo rambling, how about an art?!  This month's feature art is an older illustration.  I drew "The Long Show" back in 2016, and found it in one of my art binders while I was doing inventory recently.  Seeing as I never posted it anywhere online, and loving it just as much now as I did 4 years ago, I decided to get her in front of the masses.  


All the info and details and purchase links and whatnot on her can be found on her special page on my website HERE.  She is an 8.5" x 11" mixed media illustration.  Very colorful.  A little strange.  :)

As for sneak peeks, I will have a new doll posted/for sale soon, along with an entire doll gallery on my website!  All the dolls I have repainted so far (minus one, I think, because I don't know if I ever took pictures of her) will be together so anyone who wants can go read about any one of them.  Such a relief, I have been wanting to have this gallery finished for so long!

Sneak Peek at the upcoming doll release!

I will also have a work in progress blog post of the doll I am currently working on  up in the next week or so, hopefully some new ACEO originals, and some new art/prints/posters in the illustration gallery.  And then I need to tackle a few small commission pieces and one "more than I can chew" holiday gift  project involving Star Wars (I am not religious in any typical sense, but if you are, please pray for me lol!)  Will try to take photos of that to post at a much later date.

If you read this whole thing, thank you. Stay well, be patient with each other, happy belated Halloween, and hugs for all of you.

Xo!
Em


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ramble and Sunday auction sneak peek

NEW DOLL! Plus sneak peek, ramble, and some printed goods

Work in Progress ACEOs!