Doll Repaint- Making a Goat Nymph

Hello!

There are no finished pieces to post this week, mainly because I have been working on a new doll. So, I am here to post some work in progress photos of her- warning, nude doll parts and disembodied limbs!
I deconstructed her months ago, so all the factory paint and hair removal has not been documented.


Above, the body, with head removed. I also cut open the back of her head after removing her hair, as I want to give her 3D eyes. The little white balls you see are eyeball whites (sclera)- I will use the butt end of a small paintbrush to give them indents. Other supplies are bamboo skewers (to give her goat legs), some sanding implements, and some clay shaping tools. Also a random comb.


I love how Monster High doll feet are shaped. Unfortunately, for this character, I had to remove them, as she will be getting hooves. You can see the base sculpt of them, along with her tail. I used bamboo skewers, tinfoil, wire, and florist tape to create a structure for the clay. Her calves have been cut at an angle (I hand saw them, as I have found that the rotary tool saw spins so fast it melts the plastic. Slow and steady). I attached additional bamboo skewers and wite to her calves with epoxy.
The eye holes have been cut out of her head and shaped as identically as I could get them.


Some test eyeballs- I got new resin and wanted to see how it worked. These are older eyes that I sculpted and painted last year. I remembered after they cured that I will need to get all the bubbles out of the resin. To do this, I simply pass a lit flame over the top of the resin (without touching it) to create heat. The heat pops the tiny bubbles, then I can cure them under my UV lamp. The white fringe is acrylic yarn that I have partially brushed out, for hair. It has a few more steps before it is ready.


If you are not bored by now, I commend you! This is the first layer of polymer clay over the hooves. I use these colors for bulking up the sculpt, because I have a lot of yellow/orange, and they will be covered with another layer of clay.


The final sculpt- I will be adding some paint and some fur, and of course will attach them to the body, but for now this is as far as I've gotten! I also finished her tail, but for some reason neglected to take photos.
Okee, so, hugs for all, thanks for reading!
Xo!
Em

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Featured Art, project sneak peek, and a ramble

Work In Progress- MH Repaint Lagoona to Lalaloopsy